Monday, August 6, 2018

The Great Lakes Tour: Day One

Our first day was driving, more driving, a rest stop, more driving, Sea Shell City (the worst--I was expecting something awesome. the only good part was the dead octopus in the jar). Molly likes the campground but the bathroom is far and she doesn't like that.



I give the campground 4 stars (no one is perfect). I like that we are right on Lake Michigan.  We have a private trail to the beach and we can hear the waves.



We went to Mackinaw City and shopped and walked. We bought taffy (Molly says it's fun to pick out but gross to eat).  I bought a fishing pole.

After I finish this I'm going to light the fire with my new magnesium fire striker (no matches allowed).



Tomorrow we are going to the island!

4 comments:

  1. Are you at Wilderness?! That’s where we spread my dad’s ashes last year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun watch... where u step (whineeeee)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is this wilderness campground? We were just there for camping in July. I was excited to take the trail to the dam but when I got there it was a normal wooden bridge for a pond lol

    ReplyDelete