Thursday, June 27, 2019

Day 11: Bryce Canyon by Molly

Today was a long day. We went on an ATV ride. It was AWESOME. We saw a prairie dog. Charlie says we need an ATV. After that we hiked 4.5 miles. It was cool scenery and we kept going through tunnels. Charlie thought the last part was hard. I was thirsty and hungry. At then end we walked up a really steep hill that made my heart beat like a dinosaur charging at you. The Bryce Canyon one was easier because we didn't have to go to a program. Then we had lunch. We stopped at the ranger station and got sworn in as Junior Rangers again. AFter lunch we went mountain biking. At first that was fun because I basically got a new bike (we rented it) and i was riding in the woods. We saw elk, cows and a pronghorn. Unfortunately, we went the wrong way and it was a very very steep hill. It was tiring, boring, and i wanted to quit. I got like a thousand bruises. When it was all over, we found out it was TEN MILES. Charlie actually loved it until the last two miles. Dad said we bit off more than we could chew. One very good thing about mountain biking was finding Delaware. We went by a random campsite in the woods and the van there was from Delaware. Now we only need Hawaii.








5 comments:

  1. Hi there #thosetruckinmaguires! Loved today's story because I think prairie dogs are super cute. This post also made me research what a pronghorn is.

    I'm looking forward to you guys telling me what it means to you to become a junior ranger of all these beautiful parks. Love you guys

    ReplyDelete
  2. always fun to read the blog Charlie and Molly Hattie and Patrick it's very early as I write this morning I agree with Colleen it is going to be fun to talk to you in person about all your travels. It seems that anything we're doing around here isn't half as exciting as what you guys are doing. Keep On Truckin and please be safe grandma

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think this site likes me I write a comment and I can't find it or see it but I'm so glad you guys are still trucking and having a safe good time be anxious to talk to you when you return

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe this site does like me I just saw my comment I'm so glad you guys are having so much fun

    ReplyDelete
  5. Molly, I loved how you explained your feeling with, "like a dinosaur charging at you". As well, Chair is correct you do need an ATV. Tell him to pretend the mower is an ATV, he can race where ever he wants as long as wherever happens to be green...maybe even brown, grass and weeds!. Safe travels.

    ReplyDelete